Consumer FAQ

Question: Where does SEFBHN receive funding from?

Answer: SEFBHN receives funding for substance abuse and mental health services from the Florida Department of Children and Families.

Question: Is SEFBHN a direct service provider?

Answer: SEFBHN is not a direct service provider. We do provide funding to a number of providers located in Indian River, Martin, Okeechobee, Palm Beach and Saint Lucie Counties.

Question: If I wanted information about services, how would I get that information?

Answer: You can call the SEFBHN office at 561-203-2485.

Question: Does SEFBHN license substance abuse providers?

Answer: No. The Department of Children and Families licenses agencies who provide substance abuse services. A list of licensing specialists can be found here:

Question: Does SEFBHN have their own policy and procedure manual?

Answer: Yes. All of SEFBHN’s policy and procedures can be found here: